Back to jobs
- Discipline Industrial & Manufacturing
As a continuous Improvement Engineer your role will be but not limited to -
- Identify, quantify and deliver improvement initiatives to optimise current processes and Products with respect to; design, manufacturing, assembly, reliability, cost, supply chain, vendor selection and product damage.
- Serve as a technical resource for the Operations team; provide support by analysing data, implementing change management, project management and project implementation procedures.
- Become involved in late stage product development; identify & implement product optimisation strategies, conduct supply chain analysis, vendor selection, peer review manufacturing and assembly procedures and QA/QC controls.
- Reduce new product implementation risks and ensure proper documentation, monitoring and controls are in place before product release.
- Capture and manage improvement results derived from Continual Improvement initiatives.
- Support and lead change management initiatives.
- Build strong collaborative relationships within the business to define and implement best practice.
- Contribute to building a culture of continuous improvement.
- Coordinate with business units to support new product developments and existing product enhancements.
- Work with R & D team in performance analysis of new products and enhancements.
- Implementing improvements to production processes that lead to overall increases in product quality
- Investigating causes of quality problems and proposing solutions
- Demonstrated interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated experience using Kaizen / LEAN / Six Sigma or similar methodologies.
- Excellent planning and time management skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication and organizational skills.
- Action oriented and ability to make decisions.
- Data analysis, including advanced Excel skills.
- Intermediate / Advanced CAD skills (SolidWorks preferable).
- Strong Commercial/business acumen
- Degree or equivalent in Mechanical, Electrical, Manufacturing Engineering (or similar).
- 5+ years’ experience in Continual Improvement.
- Mining experience desirable but not essential.