Back to jobs
The primary purpose of the Strategic Supplier Manager is to be fully responsible for the end to end process for Supplier Business Strategy Plan.
- Discipline Industrial & Manufacturing
- Sales revenue and ROI
- Customer acquisition
- Optimum inventory availability, value and health
- NPI volume and value – article count targets
- Product range growth by supplier and product segment
- Digital product and supplier performance targets using adobe data
- Work directly with the both the suppliers and the Sales teams to build and deliver end to end Supplier Strategy to meets the needs of our customers and drives revenue and market share growth.
- On boarding new supplier that have been identified as GAPs by working closely with the Sales teams.
- Maximise value extraction of suppliers through negotiation of T&Cs including cost price, new product introductions, stock packages, and other commercial decisions.
- Delivering the best in class product offer across the business
- Work with suppliers on “extended range offer”
- Drive Sales programs with suppliers to provide training to Sales team
- Conduct Quarterly business review with suppliers
- Successful track record in product/category management
- Business planning and execution capability across a range product category
- Successful supplier relationship management – industrial market
- Strong industrial market knowledge across leading brands in managing vendor relationships · Some exposure working within the wholesales industry
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft applications in particularly excel
- A collaborative team player across a business with fast moving, customer driven markets
- Strong interpersonal skills to drive alignment across a Global matrix organisation · Ability to use knowledge and experience of external best practice to drive improvement
- Strong commercial acumen and broad communication skills
- Educated to degree-level or equivalent
- Positive can-do attitude, takes ownership and very results oriented · Good influencing and negotiating skills
- Marketing, purchasing and inventory control knowledge
- Operational problem solver and good process management capability